We went out into the lake last night, might have been a bad move. The inshore guys made time on us. Scotch Rocks passed us. But our forecast called for more wind offshore, plus we wanted to postiion our boat for a close haul instead of a spinakker run, since we ripped it. This morning we are heading well inshore. The afternoon forecast calls for winds inshore, so we will ride the in shore to the Niagara mark.
We are h0peing to pull up to Folichon, and borrow a spinnaker for the Niagara to PCYC leg. It will be way too small for our boat, but better than nothing. We will run will 3 sails flying, Main, Jib and Spin if we can borrow it.
Hello to all the folks back home, Ed, Skipper, Owner and Galley Chef, I don’t trust anyone making a mess in the kitchen, Will and Andrew competing for strategy and tactics, Martin, Cez and Kate as trimmers. The way the shifts go, is 3 on, and 3 off, We have separate sleeping accomodations for all 3 that are off at a time.
Will is going up the mast to have a look for wind, and losen up a tell tale.