Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

Category: Offshore

Hurricane Matthew Boat Relocation and Preparations 0

Out running Cat 5 Hurricane Matthew and Hurricane Boat Preparations on a mooring.

October 1st, 2016, Hurricane Matthew cometh. Which became a CAT 5 hurricane, while were relocating Black Diamond. The boat was in Freeport, Bahamas at the time, and Hurricane Matthew was barreling down right for...

Jeanneau bow wave 0

Sailing Rode’s Pod cast interview with the Radonic’s about Black Diamond their Ocean Performance Cruiser.

Follow this link to listen to the Sailing Rode’s interview with Ed & Roxane Radonic about their experiences ocean cruising and racing Black Diamond. The interview with Ed & Roxane starts at about 16:30...

Final Offshore leg to the Bahamas. 0

Final Offshore leg to the Bahamas.

 ** Video, at the bottom of post ** We were only 380nm to Little San Salvador Island. The winds were predicted to subside a little bit and possibly to almost a dead calm. If this...

0

Rogue Wave

  We just got swamped by a rogue wave! The wind was picking up and we were hitting 12 knots of boat speed. We put a reef in the main and the jib. Consistent waves/swells...

* VIDEO * New York to Florida, Offshore Non-Stop, Tropical Storm. 1

* VIDEO * New York to Florida, Offshore Non-Stop, Tropical Storm.

Just after Hurricane season Nov. 1st 2008, we left New York City, offshore, for a non-stop trip to Florida. We arrived in Jacksonville, Florida, in 5 days and 3 hours non-stop ocean passage. We...

* VIDEO * Skipper Ed Delivering Yacht from BVI to NYC Via Exumas 2

* VIDEO * Skipper Ed Delivering Yacht from BVI to NYC Via Exumas

  I will be assisting friends with the delivery of their new sailing yacht “Sealight” a 43 foot Beneteau. This is an “X” Charter Yacht from Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. The goal...

1

Safe arrival to New York City

We arrived safely with no injuries or damages in New York City on Sunday Morning at 5AM. The trip started out as a wild one. Just north of Charleston about 50 miles or so,...

0

Black Diamond Set Course for New York City

Yesterday prepared for a long haul non stop to offshore voyage New York City…We planned on leaving then, but the forecast called for 70 knots, 2 inch hail and possible tornados. The decision was...

0

Hot Racing in Charleston

Forecast Bodes Well For Hot Racing Dozens of different boat designs will race in thirteen divisions on four courses, but one thing all racing boats have in common is the need for wind, and...

Black Diamond Finishes Off-Shore Yacht Race 1

Black Diamond Finishes Off-Shore Yacht Race

The Black Diamond crew is back safely in Toronto (My self, Paul Thornton, Rick, Mark and Monica Doedens)…We had a lot of fun, and a great race. We were competing against professional sailors, hard...

10

Crossing the Gulf Stream to The Bahamas! Spanish Cay & Green Turtle Cay

Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 Crossing The Gulf Stream – Florida to The Bahamas Tuesday evening we left the Marina in Fort Lauderdale to cross the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas. The winds were coming...

5

Day 5a – 36 Hour Tropical Storm!

Day 5 – Nov. 3rd, Endured a 36 hour Tropical Storm! Just when we thought all was well, and we were only a day and half from St. Augustine’s, Florida, the winds started to...

0

Day 3 – Warship Operations!

Day 3 – Saturday Nov. 1st, Chesapeake & Delaware Bay area Consulting the Sirius Satellite weather and saw that a cold front was moving in from the north, which would bring 35 to 40...

Day 1c at Sea Continued 0

Day 1c at Sea Continued

Day 1 at Sea Continued…….Thursday 12AM Midnight…… Perfect conditions on our offshore sail from New York to Florida, November 2008. The winds were 15 to 25 knots, on the starboard quarter, broad reaching the...