Captain Ed’s Shrimp Gazpacho Recipe
Chunky Shrimp Gazpacho Recipe
Wonderfully refreshing, great while swinging on an anchor in warm latitudes!
400g shrimp (cooked, shelled & deveined)
3 lemons(juice–fresh squeezed)
796 mL (28 oz)tomatoes, canned & diced
1/2 c V8 juice
1/4 c olive oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp tabasco sauce (or more to taste)
1 lime, juice fresh squeezed
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
2 stalkscelery, chopped
1/2 cupgreen bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cupred, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp olive oil for stir-frying veggies
1. Cover cooked shrimp with lemon juice and chill while rest of gazpacho is being prepared.
2. In a frying pan, over medium heat, lightly stir-fry red onion, celery, and peppers with 2 tsp of olive oil. Make sure veggies are only slightly softened, not over cooked!
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
4. Add stir-fried veggies to tomato-cucumber mixture. Then add shrimp and lemon juice to tomato-cucumber mixture.
5. Stir all ingredients together well. Serve cold. Enjoy!