Bahamian Mac and Cheese Casserole
2 x 375 gram pkgegg noodles (broad-large)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped(or hot banana pepper)
500 grams grated cheddar cheese
2 x 370 ml can of evaporated milk
1 tsp ground black pepper
A few dashes hot sauce
3 eggs beaten
Psycho Skipper Tip: You can add lobster bits, or tuna or any kind of meat if you wish.
• Preheat oven to 350º F.
• Boil a large pot of water to which a couple of pinches of salt have been added.
• Add noodles and follow package directions to cook al dente, about 6 or 7 minutes.
• Drain pasta then return it to the warm pot and add butter, stirring until melted.
• Add chopped onion, green pepper and jalapeñoand stir.
• Next add about ¾of the grated cheddar cheese, stirring until melted.
• Then add salt,black pepper, hot sauce and beaten eggs to milk.
• Pour milk mixture over noodle mixture, stir well.
• Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray then transfernoodle mixtureto pan.
• Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then paprika.